Request for Proposals (RFP)
IT Support Services
Heber City, Utah, a body corporate and politic of the State of Utah, located in Wasatch County, Utah, has received approval from the City Council to issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) to qualified companies/firms for the delivery of IT Support Services.
SCOPE OF PROJECT
Heber City currently employs one FT IT Manager and now requires assistance in completing larger, more complex projects in a timely manner. Heber City is looking to outsource certain projects and IT based support services, when needed, to a qualified MSP that can effectively and efficiently complete assigned projects with minimal supervision--both onsite and remotely. Projects could include Tier 1 through Tier 3 levels of support. Projects may include the following: Networking (Wired/Wireless), Network Security Support, Server Support, Systems Management, Application Support, Infrastructure Support, Backup & DR Support, Firewall Support, DC/AD/GPO Support, Help Desk (EU) Support, Cyber Security Support, Exchange Support, New Systems Onboarding/Imaging, Network Architecture and Design, Solution Based Systems Analysis, or any other IT related project.
SPECIAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Instructions for Submitting Proposals
The purpose of this RFP is to permit the evaluation of qualifications and costing of the respondents. All proposals must be received in the office of the City Recorder no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday, January 10, 2022. Proposals submitted after the 5:00 p.m. deadline will not be accepted. Proposals should be submitted electronically to Heber City Recorder at TCooke@Heberut.gov with the subject line of the email reading “IT Services; or an electronic copy can be dropped off at the City Recorder’s office located at 75 N. Main, Heber City, UT. Copies of the RFP may be picked up at the same location. Written inquiries should be directed to Anthon Beales, IT Manager, via e-mail: abeales@Heberut.gov.
Proposed Schedule of Events
Release of Requests for Qualifications
Tuesday, November, 30, 2021
Last Day to Ask Questions or Request Clarification on RFQ
Monday, December 22, 2021
Monday, January 10, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
- Cover/Title page that contains at a minimum the following: 1) name of company, (company, firm, partnership, individual–name existing under the laws of the State of Utah or respective state), address of principal place of business, phone number and e-mail, 2) signature located above the typed or printed name and title of the signer (the signer shall have the authority to bind the respondent to the submitted proposal), and 3) business license number, state issued and classification.
- Letter of Introduction containing the following: Managing principal (if applicable); identification and role of key individuals in the firm and/or its consultants; identification of primary office that proposed work would be completed; and current work load.
- List of previous relevant experience with name and contact information of person(s) of reference—please distinguish whether reference is for private sector or public sector and dates of project/service.
- Availability and Technical Qualifications: Please indicate availability and response time for time sensitive requests. Additionally, note technical qualifications of firm/individual(s) who would undertake items included in project scope.
- Identification of costs: Include cost proposal based on hourly rates &/or retainer charge with hourly rates.
- Awarding of proposal shall be based upon, but not limited to, the factors listed below, not necessarily in the order of their importance:
- Cost proposal and rates;
- Prior experience with similar projects/services in the public sector;
- Ability of the respondent to fulfill contract specification and scope or work (i.e. responsibility);
- Responsiveness to specifications and special terms and conditions set forth in this RFP;
- The City will review all submissions utilizing a matrix of predetermined, weighted values for each of the required items.
- The firm(s) receiving the highest score will be invited to participate in an interview with the staff.
- Following the interview, firms will be individually ranked from first selection to third.
- The City will then enter into negotiations with the highest scoring firm to establish the value of compensation and other relevant issues.
- In the event the City is not able to negotiate a mutually acceptable contract with the successful firm, it reserves the right to terminate negotiations, and then undertake negotiations with one of the other qualifying firms.
- Heber City reserves the sole right to evaluate the proposals submitted; and to waive any irregularities therein; or to reject any and all proposals, and award a contract as may be in the best interest of Heber City. The RFP will require a cost proposal from the respondents. Further, this RFP is not to be construed as a contract or as a commitment of any kind; nor does it commit Heber City to pay for any cost incurred in the submission of a response or for any cost incurred prior to the execution of a formal contract.
- Upon submission of a proposal, the responder hereby certifies as to its own organization, that:
- The respondent has examined and carefully studied the RFP;
b) The respondent is familiar with and is satisfied as to all Federal, State and local laws and regulations that may affect cost, performance and furnishings of the agreement;
- This proposal is genuine and not made in the interest of or on behalf of an undisclosed person, firm or corporation and is not submitted in conformity with any agreement or rules of any group, association, organization or corporation; the respondent has not directly or indirectly induced or solicited any other respondent to submit a false or sham Bid; the respondent has not solicited or induced any person, firm or corporation to refrain from bidding; and the respondent has not sought by collusion for itself any advantages over any other respondent or over Heber City.
- Should the proposal not contain sufficient information for the applicant to obtain a clear understanding of the services required by the sponsor, or should it appear that the instructions outline in this proposal are not clear or contradictory, the firm may obtain written clarification from the project manager until Monday, December 22, 2021.
- All proposals, including attachments, supplementary materials, renderings, sketches addenda, etc., shall become upon submission, the property of the City, and will not be returned to the applicant.
G) Contract Award
- The successful respondent to whom the contract is awarded will be required to enter into a written agreement with the City in a form acceptable to the City.